- Use a tire gauge and understand the SI unit KPA and PSI
- Identify bicycle cables and measure them correctly
- Measure chain wear and size a chain
- adjust indexed derailleurs and understand precision vs accuracy
- adjust brakes, and have a basic understanding of kinetic energy, heat and entropy.
Purple Apron – Focuses on a deeper understanding of components. The adjustment of bearing systems and components overhauls are introduced. Upon completing the purple Apron, a Youth would be able to assemble a new bike from a box which is often part of an interview at a bike shop. Black Apron – The highest level of Apron takes a bit more practice. A black apron will be tested on proper diagnostic procedure, be able to balance competing factors like those in truing a wheel. They must demonstrate good use of inquiry based learning as well as Industry nomenclature for standardized systems like headsets and bottom brackets.
There is a registration fee for the Advanced Apron Classes. This is part of your “investment” in your son or daughter’s participation in our program.
Click here to start the registration process now.