Freewheelin’ Community Bikes connects youth with skills for life over a shared passion for the bicycle. We envision a stronger, healthier, more connected city.
- The worth and gifts of each person to enrich the world
- Bicycling as accessible transportation for recreation, employment, and healthy living;
- The importance of positive youth/adult mentorship;
- Empowering youth as leaders who give back to their communities;
- Lifelong learning, resiliency and persistence;
- Positive neighborhood and community connections;
- Making bicycling accessible and affordable; and,
- Being welcoming to people of all backgrounds, abilities, and incomes.
In her spare time, she enjoys volunteering with organizations that focus on the betterment of Indianapolis area youth through the arts, mentoring, and literacy.
When she isn’t working, or volunteering in the community, you will find her traveling with her son, daughter, and husband. She is excited to be a part of the Freewheelin’ Bikes team and helping to move the mission forward.
John’s story and photo will be posted here shortly.
Miles is currently a sophomore at Herron High School. He joined the apprentice program because he wanted to make a difference in others’ lives and learn more about working on bikes. In his spare time, Miles enjoys skateboarding – and building bikes is such a great way to scratch that itch.
Brooklyn’s story will be posted here shortly!
Our Board of Directors