Freewheelin’ Community Bikes connects youth with skills for life over a shared passion for the bicycle. We envision a stronger, healthier, more connected city.
- The worth and gifts of each person to enrich the world
- Bicycling as accessible transportation for recreation, employment, and healthy living;
- The importance of positive youth/adult mentorship;
- Empowering youth as leaders who give back to their communities;
- Lifelong learning, resiliency and persistence;
- Positive neighborhood and community connections;
- Making bicycling accessible and affordable; and,
- Being welcoming to people of all backgrounds, abilities, and incomes.
In her spare time, she enjoys volunteering with organizations that focus on the betterment of Indianapolis area youth through the arts, mentoring, and literacy.
When she isn’t working, or volunteering in the community, you will find her traveling with her son, daughter, and husband. She is excited to be a part of the Freewheelin’ Bikes team and helping to move the mission forward.
Diego graduated from IUPUI in May of 2020 with a degree in Psychology. He has lived in Indianapolis for the past 6 years and is passionate about environmental issues, bicycles, and the welfare of all people. Diego brings 8+ years of mechanical aptitude beginning with working on watches at jewelry stores and has worked on his bikes for more than 5 years. A native to Mexico, Diego offers service to the Latino community. Diego comes to us from the hospitality field and is proficient with customer service. When not at work, Diego enjoys to play video games, cook, and organize!
John’s story and photo will be posted here shortly.
Miles is currently a sophomore at Herron High School. He joined the apprentice program because he wanted to make a difference in others’ lives and learn more about working on bikes. In his spare time, Miles enjoys skateboarding – and building bikes is such a great way to scratch that itch.
Duke is currently a Junior at Herron High School with an anticipated graduation date of 2022. Duke joined the apprenticeship program to gain more experience in working on bikes, and serving our community. During Duke’s off-time, he like working on custom bikes, and relaxing with his family.
Brooklyn’s story will be posted here shortly!
Our Board of Directors
Board Chair/Interim Executive Director